1. Lodging check-in is located at the Beaver Meadows Resort Ranch Office, on the ground level of the condominium building. Guests are urged to print driving directions from this web site,or call for directions. Google Maps, Mapquest and other internet maps can direct a guest off the main road and onto side roads that will greatly increase drive time.
2. All lodging and facility deposits are non-refundable. Upon cancellation of a reservation, Beaver Meadows will hold the guest’s deposit for up to six months (minus a $25 cancellation fee) for use towards a future stay. If guests fail to check in on the scheduled arrival date and do not notify Beaver Meadows by 5:00pm on the arrival date, guests will be charged for the first night’s stay plus tax.
3. Check-in time is 4:00 p.m. Guests may call to find out if they may be able to check in early. Guests are urged to arrive during daylight hours. Our location may be hard to find after dark, and snow or ice can make the roads difficult to travel. Guests arriving after 5:00 pm should notify our office to receive check-in instructions.
4. Check-out time is 11:00 a.m. Please return keys to the Beaver Meadows Resort Ranch office. If you check-out before 9 a.m., please leave your key on the counter of your unit. Late check-outs are charged $25.00 per hour unless other arrangements have been made in advance.
5. Upon check-out, please close and lock all windows and doors. Thermostats must be set to 50 degrees during the months of September to May, and turned of during the summer months. Do not start a fire in the fireplace or in designated outdoor fire pits on the day of your departure. Make sure that the fireplace doors are shut and the flu is open.
6. Our Resort Ranch is located at 8,500 feet above sea level. Guests concerned about high altitude effects on their health should consult their doctor.
7. Due to the historic nature and the mountainous environment of our Resort Ranch, our lodging is not handicap friendly. Please call our office to review our limitations and your needs.
8. Snow and/or rain storms can occur during any month of the year. Guests should check the weather forecast for our area during the days immediately preceding arrival. Our office will be happy to provide current weather and road condition information and the local weather forecast, but the decision to travel to our area in inclement weather rests solely with the guest. Four wheel drive, snow tires and/or chains are strongly recommended except during July and August. Any towing fees incurred are the responsibility of the guest. A sweater or light jacket, as well as long pants and hiking shoes, are recommended at any time of year. Nights in the mountains can be quite chilly year-round.
9. Our units do not have phones. Please give the office number to family/friends for emergencies (970-881-2450) and we will contact you. Cell phone coverage may be spotty.
10. All units are NON SMOKING. You will be charged a fee of $75.00 if cigarette odor or butts are found in your lodging unit within 48 hours of your departure. You will also be charged the cost of relocating a guest if applicable.
11. Some units allow pets for an additional fee. See individual unit descriptions for more information about pet policies and fees.
12. Do not use grills on wooden decks. Grills should be placed on cement or gravel areas.
13. Guests are responsible for damaged, broken and/or missing items belonging to the property when the damage, breakage or loss is caused by the responsible party or guests. A charge can be placed on the credit card on file with Beaver Meadows Resort Ranch for such damage or loss. Normal wear and tear (e.g. a broken glass or plate), is not considered “damages.”
14. Guests are expected to wash all dishes, clean cookware, including grill, and place all trash in trash receptacles prior to leaving the unit. Failure to do so will result in a $25.00 surcharge. Because of the abundant wildlife in the area, do not leave trash outside of the unit. The need for excessive cleaning after your stay will be charged to your credit card at the rate of $50.00 per hour.
15. Beaver Meadows Resort Ranch reserves the right to visit any unit if we have reason to believe the number of guests or pets exceeds the number on the reservation. If the number of guests or pets exceeds the number stated on the reservation, any applicable surcharges will be doubled.
16. Violation of House Rules, No Pets/No Smoking policy, Fishing & Activity Pass Regulations, or failure to wash dishes, clean cookware, including grill, and bag and dispose of trash are grounds for the assessment of additional charges or cancellation of rental contract privileges without refund. Guest may also be charged the cost of relocating future guests if needed, or for lost revenue when applicable.
Our condominium building has seven private units overlooking our pond, bridge, and mountain river valley. The condos are conveniently located within walking distance of the restaurant, gift shop, and resort complex. Each condo unit has both dining and living areas, a wood-burning fireplace, deck, and full kitchen with microwave and coffee maker. Pets are welcome in the condominiums for a fee of $15 per pet per night. Like all our lodging units, our condos are designated non-smoking.
Our three 1950’s built log cottages are set upon a south-facing hillside gazing over our mountain river valley. Each cottage is located between ¼ and ½ mile from the restaurant, gift shop, and resort complex. Each has a full bath, living/dining area, satellite television, mini refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. Pets are welcome in the cottages for a fee of $15 per pet per night. Like all our lodging units, our cottages are designated non-smoking.
For the ultimate in Colorado Resort Ranch vacations, check out this one level cabin nestled in the lodge pole pines. Located ¾ mile from the restaurant, gift shop, and main resort complex, this cabin offers both privacy and easy accessibility to all the resort amenities. Pets are welcome in the JP Family cabin for a fee of $15 per pet per night. Like all our lodging units, our cabin is designated non-smoking.